You Will Need:
- 1 small hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk for cooking
- 3 cups of vegetable soup base
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Ironberry ginger maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of curcuma
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 pinch of cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of crushed coriander seeds
- 2 lime leaves (dry or fresh)
- 1 stem of lemon grass
Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half and carve out the seeds. Cut it into pieces (do not peel it) and mix it with spices and coconut oil. Top it with a spoonful of maple syrup.
Put the pumpkin pieces onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake until soft at 200 °C.
Boil the vegetable soup base together with the coconut milk, lime leaves and lemongrass stem. Add the baked pumpkin. Cook for a few minutes and remove the lemongrass stem and lime leaves. Top with soy sauce and Ironberry ginger maple syrup. Mix until smooth.
Serve with roasted pumpkin, peeled hemp seeds or croutons.
- Heat the oven to 200 °C. Makes 4 full plates.