You Will Need:
FOR THE BASE:
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 3/4 cup mixture of oats and coconut
FOR THE FROZEN FILLING:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon to 1/4 cup rice malt syrup, to taste
- 1 cup of frozen banana pieces
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Turmeric, for color if desired
- 2 teaspoons IronBerry Wild Blueberry Powder
- Line a loaf pan or desired container with baking paper.
TO MAKE THE BASE:
- Separate the dates from the soaking liquid and set aside liquid. Add base ingredients to a food processor. Pulse until very combined. Press mixture into the base of your loaf pan/container.
- Drain the cashews. Add cashews, coconut butter, coconut butter, and rice malt syrup to a food processor and pulse until smooth. After some time, if your mixture is not smooth, add some of the reserved soaking date liquid and continue whizzing. Remove half of the cashew mixture from the food processor and set aside.
TO MAKE THE LEMON FILLING:
- Add the banana pieces, lemon juice, and turmeric to the cashew mixture in the food processor. Pulse until fully combined. Remove and set aside.
TO MAKE THE BLUEBERRY FILLING:
- Add the blueberries and the other half of the cashew mixture to the food processor. Pulse until fully combined.
- Add alternating spoonfuls of the lemon and blueberry filling to your loaf pan/container. When you have used up both fillings, dip the tip of a knife or skewer into the top, to create a swirl effect.
- Set in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer, defrost for 10 minutes, and cut into bars or squares.
To serve 8